Friday, June 3, 2011

HONG KONG...can't get enough of you

If there's one place on earth I would think of going in an instant, Hong Kong comes to my mind. I don't know why there's magnetic force that keeps on pulling me to go there. Maybe, the country is very accessible especially now that there are cheap fares. Maybe, there are affordable and decent accommodations which I feel safe and secure. Maybe, I am missing the street food, the buffet, the food court, unlimited selection of dishes that satisfies my adventurous palate. Maybe, I am longing to search for cheap but fashionable clothes and fashion items. Maybe I miss those long walks that makes my muscles sore and feet swollen. Maybe, I really wanted to go there if given the time...just to be there because everytime I go back to Hong Kong, there's always something new.

Clark to HK via Cebu Pacific

The first time I went to Hong Kong, I got a the package tour for only UD$98. It was 4day/3night Hong Kong/Shenzhen tour. One thing I don't like about package tour is that everything was in fast pace. We were brought in a jewelry factory. Some were enticed to buy those chinese jewelries, only to find out that the price at the stalls outside the factory was much cheaper. We had picture taking along the waterfront of the Victoria Harbor and before the day ended, our pictures were embedded on souvenir plates, of course for sale. The bus driver also had a sideline, key chain and nail cutters with HK embellishments, for sale.

Chinese New Year Display along Nathan Rd

It was winter when we went there, so mostly, people were wearing black....black jackets, black trench coats, black shoes, black boots, adorned with black mufflers and black gloves. That was the time when I started to have fascination with trench coat and boots. I was wanting to wear something which I cannot manage to wear in a very humid country like ours.
Chinese Garden At NanLian

 I didn't have enough time to explore the city because of limited time. But even at a very limited time, I was victimized by cold hearted merchants along Nathan Rd. I bought a small digital camera and when i saw the price at the airport when we were going home, it was 50% cheaper. It pays to be wise when shopping especially for electronics. Please buy at a reputable stores...not on those stores along Nathan Rd.



Chinese Pagoda


Chinese temple

Food

Food

Family bonding

Family time 

my family


No comments:

Post a Comment